3 consecutive days workshop:
Friday June 25, 7:00-9:00 pm (indoors)
Saturday June 26, 10:00 am-4:00 pm (outdoors)
Sunday 27, 1:00-4:00 pm (outdoors)
Whether it’s for journaling, memoir writing, your visual art, or plain ol’ self-understanding, integrating text and art, or exploring each as a way further into the other will deepen your artistic expression. We will create written narratives with visuals– drawing, photographs, found objects, clippings, collages, etc. – to capture experiences, feelings, places, and more.
Suzy Becker offers a safe, playful environment and a series of tried-and-true generative writing and visual prompts designed to help you transfer your creativity to the page. A little lecture/demonstration, a lot of activity, some sharing, unlimited questions and individual coaching structured over a weekend so that you will:
• Take your artistic expression to the next level
• Know how to set yourself up for success (including your best practices and strategies for beating writer's block)
• Connect with yourself and others
• Displace some fear with fun
• Increase your awareness of the possibilities of illustrated narrative
Students will need to purchase in advance the materials listed.